Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
MultiPing Support
Jump to new posts Re: how to tweek multi ping by Poe @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Hi The Dude's teck, Thanks for getting in touch! Okay - so you are running 295 MultiPing targets on a Windows 7 machine with 3.12GB of ram. If you are experiencing performance issues then this sounds like you might be about maxed out as far as tha
MultiPing Support
Jump to new posts how to tweek multi ping by The Dude's teck @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

so im running a old windows 7 (3.12gig ram service pack 1)remote desktop and its no where where i can travel to so i need to do this all through remote desk top. this remote desk top is located in a chunk of network that see's all most every thing.
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to Identify the problem? by Vilhelmas @ Yesterday at 03:49 AM

Thank you very much for explaining everything to me.
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Re: Need help to Identify the problem? by AustinB @ 08/21/19 06:42 PM

Hey there Vilhelmas, Thanks for reaching out! It's always concerning when you see that big red bar of packet loss - but don't worry, your connection looks just fine! Taking a quick look at this screenshot, there doesn't seem to be anything out of
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Re: Help Trying To Identify Something by ydoC @ 08/21/19 04:51 PM

Thank you for the reply! I have done the Local Network Discovery tool like you suggested and that IP is not appearing within the scans. So this has me asking another question. Is this something an on-ground technician can fix? I have one scheduled to
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Re: Help Trying To Identify Something by Poe @ 08/21/19 04:17 PM

Hi ydoC, Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your internet connection, that's always super frustrating. After taking a look at your attached screenshots I see what you're talking about, it certainly seems that
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Need help to Identify the problem? by Vilhelmas @ 08/21/19 09:54 AM

So I need help with this: http://prntscr.com/ovmrm0 What could be causing the problem? Could it be my modem, even though I changed my modem last month and it had no effect?
PingPlotter Support
Jump to new posts Help Trying To Identify Something by ydoC @ 08/21/19 12:07 AM

Hello! So I have been having packet loss for the past month now and I have been using PingPlotter to figure out where exactly the problem is starting. In the screenshots I've provided and looking at the support page I am more inclined to believe that
MultiPing Support
Jump to new posts Re: Exporting Data/Graphs by Poe @ 08/16/19 07:28 PM

Hi Jeff, Thanks for getting in touch! Exporting graphs as graphics and exporting data to file are not currently features that we plan to implement into MultiPing. Our product PingPlotter has the ability to do both of these in a variety of ways.
MultiPing Support
Jump to new posts Exporting Data/Graphs by Jeff @ 08/16/19 04:07 PM

I saw a few older topics asking about saving the graphs as graphics and wanted to check and see if there's any new advancement on possibly being able to do that? What about an ability to export the data for all target to a file such as .csv, .xlsx,
Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod