Topic Options
#1423 - 07/27/05 04:56 AM Alert when up again
Jimmy E. Frederiksen Offline

I just started using MultiPing after been using FREEping for quite some time. Currently I monitor 250 hosts and it seems like MultiPing is up for it. With FREEping it took about 8 minutes to alert if a host was unreachable. With MultiPing it's below 30 seconds. Great!

Now I've made an alert in MultiPing that alerts when 3/4 samples are above 9999ms which should tell me when a host is down. Wouldn't that be the best way to do it?

Is it possible to make an alert that tells me when it's up again?

#1424 - 07/27/05 07:29 AM Re: Alert when up again [Re: Jimmy E. Frederiksen]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
That's a pretty good setup for alerts - but depends a bit on your trace interval. With 250 targets, you might also change your "Ping Timeout" to something a bit less than 9999 ms - just in case you have a bunch of simultaneous timeouts - with 9999 set, it will take a couple of minutes to wait through all the targets. Setting it to 1500 might be a bit better.

As for your alert events - the "Notify" dropdown on each alert event will let you pick "when alert conditions end" - which will make that event (an email in your case) happen when that target goes back up. Have another event on the same alert for "when alert conditions start" to get a notification when that target goes down, and then again when it goes back up.

- Pete

#1425 - 07/27/05 08:25 AM Re: Alert when up again [Re: Pete Ness]

Thanks I'll try that!

However, I can't find the "when alert conditions end". I'm running the latest version so is it something that gets unlocked if I buy the license?

#1426 - 07/27/05 11:19 AM Re: Alert when up again [Re: Jimmy E. Frederiksen]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The alert system gets disabled when your trial expires, but everything should be full-featured for the duration of the trial period.

Make sure you're looking in the right sction. It's in the "Notify" section after you select your event type. I've attached a screenshot.

Let us know if this doesn't help you track down the right setting.

- Pete

Attachments
1441-AlertNotifications.gif

#1427 - 07/28/05 02:58 AM Re: Alert when up again [Re: Pete Ness]

Ah it's because I use the tray icon notification and not the e-mail one. I have MultiPing installed on my computer and to me the best and fastest way to get alerted is by the tray icon.

Perhaps a feature for the next release?

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod