I have RCN internet in Chicago. I've attached a picture of the ping plotter trace route to the Columbus Ohio Fortnite server as this is the closest server to Chicago. It seems RCN is routing the traffic all the way to their Pennsylvania data center (207.172.19.166) and then back towards Ohio. This is when the ping jumps from 8 seconds to 44 seconds. Wouldn't it make more sense from a ping perspective to route straight from Chicago data center to Ohio? This makes it impossible for me to get low ping. Even if Fortnite came out with a Central North American server I would still have to travel to the east coast and back. I actually get better ping to the Virgina Fortnite server than I do the Ohio one by about 10 ms. Is this something most ISPs do? Is the only way to fix this to change to an ISP headquartered in the mid west? I've always been told choose the server closest to you for the best ping but because this ISP routes all the way to their headquarters before attempting to reach the destination that theory is not true.

[img]https://share.pingplotter.com/2HriGRirA6z[/img]

Thanks,

Bryan