Hi,

Newcomer just diving in to test the water.
I have lived in Sweden over 40 years, so longer than in the UK - where I was born in Wolverhampton.
Have a technical background, but starting to lag behind with some things on the IT scene. A good friend in the Professional Circuit thought I should spend some time with Pingplotter. . ( I had too many questions ). So day 4 I think I have the basics.
I recently moved house and from one fiber to a different fiber, kept the router and the ISP but went for an IPTV that hangs on to the ISP service, same with IPTele. Slightly regretting it now and will probably switchto a regular IPTV, but my wife is giving me hassle so I thought now the weather is bad to spend a little time with Pingplotter to see what turns up.
Pingplotter is providing loads of information but it can be daunting to find that exact fault.
Hope your answers will help me to find the way.

My fault I first thought was intermittent, since then I am not so sure but think I have narrowed it down, but still very uncertain.
My first worry was the fiber connection. I think Pingplotter confirms this is OK ( going from my router to the www.pingplotter,com. - if someone can comment.
I have read up on NAT and Public and private IP´s so I think this is clear but on the plot there is an IP 100.64.11.1 - I gather this is something ficticious – something called ”shared adress space ” .Here there is always 100% latency.
Moving on to the IPTV box. I started on wi-fi but it was terrible stopping all the time.
Right now it goes from the router over a Homeplug and Cable to the IPTV box ( I know I could have had a direct cable but I rewired the house when I moved so I think this is OK).
The plot is really different.
Looking at network meny on the IPTV box it says public IP 185.113.98.27
Everything else hanging on the router seems reasonable ( Android TV box, 2 x mobile, 2 x pad, house alarm, hard drive back-up )
The original problem has got better with time and after using PingPlotter I think I see a problem on the Homeplug side ( an ac 1200+ wifi unit ), will look into it.

Since everything hangs on a single fiber outlet maybe I could break it up with a switch after the fiber. Put the IPTV on a separate split.

Brian
Ah - could not upload a Word file - saved some screenshots there

Attachments
48 tim www.pingplotter.png (181 downloads)
public IP-TV.png (145 downloads)

Edited by Brian (01/25/19 10:45 AM)