Topic Options
#3637 - 04/13/20 06:21 PM High packet loss in every hop.
ggZay Offline

Hello so I am new to internet issues like this. Ive had low speeds and disconnects before and i can handle that usually with minimal issues. However ive been having packet loss over the past couple weeks, and i gotta be honest. Im struggling. if someone could help me and tell me what the heck im even looking at and why literally every hop has packet loss. its not 100% but certain hops with jump up to 50% plus PL. any help appreciated.
linked is a screenshot of my average session while pinging google.
https://gyazo.com/bb756a0c22a1477ab0472a6e5b2bc677

#3638 - 04/13/20 06:37 PM Re: High packet loss in every hop. [Re: ggZay]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey ggZay,

Thanks for getting in touch! That must be so frustrating for sure.

It's a little hard to distill where the packet loss is coming from - it's present in the whole route, but I'm seeing a lot on hop 1 that isn't carrying through (which means some of that is due to your router not responding to a special type of ping). It does seem like your router *might* be throwing some real packet loss, though.

One thing that you can do to make sure is to issue a trace to 2600:8801:91ff:ffff::1111 (which is your router). Copy that out and throw it into the trace bar on the All Targets tab. Let that run while your Google trace is running - and if you see packet loss on that direct trace to your router, it's most likely that the issue is with either your connection to the router, or with the router itself.

Feel free to do those traces, open 'em up, and send us a share page if you'd like via File -> Share. Send us the URLs here, and we're happy to take a look.

#3639 - 04/13/20 11:55 PM Re: High packet loss in every hop. [Re: Hayla]
ggZay Offline

Thanks for the info. I narrowed it down to this IP like you said, i had hulu running while this was on, but this seems pretty standard as of lately.

https://gyazo.com/a07a13afe63776fca1183d7429b983f0

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod