Topic Options
#2948 - 11/19/16 08:42 PM new user.... question about lost packets
cgutzmer Offline

Hi!
Ran my first scan today and been looking through documentation. I get 100% packet loss at my wireless router. I get it with both wifi and wired connect. Internet seems mostly good.... cuts out several times I day. That is what I am trying to figure out. Any idea why I get 100% at my router? its a tp-link 3150. I updated the firmware today too in case that would help - no joy.
Thanks!
chris

#2949 - 11/21/16 12:51 PM Re: new user.... question about lost packets [Re: cgutzmer]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Chris!

Is the packet loss that you're seeing at your router carrying through the rest of your route (or, to the hop directly after your router)? If it's not, then it's possible that your router *may* just not be fond of ICMP TTL expired packets. This is a pretty common scenario (one that I actually run into *all* the time when tracing from my home), and we've got a knowledge base article that covers the topic in more detail:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/6

If this article leaves you with any questions - just let us know, and we'll be happy to help out from there!

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2951 - 11/22/16 11:25 AM Re: new user.... question about lost packets [Re: Gary]
cgutzmer Offline

Yes - that is exactly what is happening. Everything carries through after that just fine. Still have issues with sporadic loss of wifi several times a day though grrrrr. I will get it though!
Thanks
Chris

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod