Topic Options
#1739 - 09/25/06 09:31 PM PingPlotter won't run
TheRealHambone Offline

Hi PingPlotter was recommended to me by EveOnline Techsupport in order to figure out a problem I've been having with their game.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of PingPlotter but whenever I run it; it opens and displays properly but when I move my mouse over the window it doesn't respond and I get a warning sound whenever I click. I also have to use task manager to shut down the program.

Edit:

I am running Windows XP Home Ed. fully updated with a cable modem. I use Shaw Secure Firewall/Antivirus and have a LinkSys router that is currently disabled

Edited by TheRealHambone (09/25/06 09:46 PM)

#1740 - 09/25/06 10:51 PM Re: PingPlotter won't run [Re: TheRealHambone]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
It sounds like there's another window open in PingPlotter blocking you from doing anything. This might be the "Getting Started" splash screen. We've not heard of this problem before, though, so I'm guessing a bit.

Try selecting PingPlotter, then hit the escape key and see if that changes anything. Also, you might try uninstalling PingPlotter, deleting the "c:\program files\ping plotter" directory, then reinstalling it.

Let us know if any of this helps.

- Pete

#1741 - 09/26/06 03:09 AM Re: PingPlotter won't run [Re: Pete Ness]
TheRealHambone Offline

Ok this has worked PingPlotter was opening a window located behind the main program window but did not "pop over" and I was unable to move the main program window until I found this registration window. I got the window out by repeatedly clicking until it popped up. Then the program had a help window which opened up halfway offscreen so I could not see the "button" I hit enter and the window went away.

Edit:

So here is the result...maybe I should talk to Shaw (if I have given away too much info please delete this post mods)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/TheRealHambone/PingPlotEVe-1.gif

Edited by TheRealHambone (09/26/06 04:11 AM)

#1742 - 10/01/06 08:50 PM Re: PingPlotter won't run [Re: TheRealHambone]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The packet loss you're seeing at hop 3 there isn't being translated to downstream hops, so that's not a problem you should spend any time chasing. We talk about some of the reasons for that here:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/24

Of more concern is the latency at hop 1 - that looks like more of a problem (although since we're only looking at 10 samples in your screenshot, it's hard to know for sure).

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod