Topic Options
#3658 - 04/29/20 07:22 AM packet loss from hop 2 till destination
Elshaar Offline

Hi pingman support team, wish you the best
there is lag in online games and I did all possible things, changed router configuration, changed mtu, dns with no effect, I tried 2 other router but same problem exists, finally with some search I downloaded pingplotter and it shows me packet loss from hop2 till the final hop so I searched till I knew that it is a problem with my isp, I contacted them and they are really do not understand anything, but they helped me change port in box and port in cabinet with no effect , so I really want to know what can cause the problem? Is it DSLAM? ,bad cable? especially they tell me that my cable is good but really I do not believe them any more, any help will be very appreciated.

Attachments
hop2.png (228 downloads)

#3660 - 04/29/20 07:30 PM Re: packet loss from hop 2 till destination [Re: Elshaar]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi Elshaar,

Sorry to hear you're having a frustrating time with your internet connection.

It can be very hard to know what the issue is after it leaves your router/modem. I would ask for a technician to come out and check the line from your house to the pole/box to make sure it's not on your premise. After that, it's up to them to fix it as it could be a DSLAM, a bad cable, or a host of other things.

Here is a good article on how to build a solid case to bring to your ISP. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and just keep asking to speak to a supervisor until someone who can help you is on the other end of the phone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

-Poe

#3661 - 04/30/20 06:25 AM Re: packet loss from hop 2 till destination [Re: Poe]
Elshaar Offline

Thanks Poe I will try to contact them and who knows, maybe I will solve it someday

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod