Topic Options
#2899 - 08/22/16 06:55 PM pingplotter display wrong result when monitoring multiple targets
haiyang Offline

When I monitored 5 servers, the pingplotter showed that the firewall dropped the traffic. But the packet capture indicated there is no packet loss in the firewall. After I closed 4 targets, there are no packet loss. Did I do anything wrong?

Regards,
Haiyang

#2900 - 08/22/16 07:13 PM Re: pingplotter display wrong result when monitoring multiple targets [Re: haiyang]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi Haiyang,

Thanks for using the forums!

What I am getting from your question is that you are seeing packet loss early in your route (up to your firewall) when you are tracing 5 targets, but when you close all but one target the packet loss goes away. Did I get close to what you are asking?

Either way, it is very tough to tell what may be going on here without being able to see any data. If possible - would you be able to send over some screen shots, and perhaps a .pp2 file (by clicking "File" -> "Export Sample Set..." and then attaching that file to an email)? You can email this to support@pingplotter.com.

If you could do this, we would be more than happy to take a look at the data and let you know what we see happening.

If you should find yourself with any other questions, or needing any other assistance - please don't hesitate to let us know also by emailing us at the email address above.

We look forward to this email.

Cheers! 

-Phillip

#2901 - 08/22/16 10:14 PM Re: pingplotter display wrong result when monitoring multiple targets [Re: Phillip]
haiyang Offline

Hi Phillip,

I just sent all data to support@pingplotter.com

Regards,
Haiyang

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod