Topic Options
#2863 - 06/08/16 12:48 PM Unable to launch service/application interface
PJohnson Offline

I have PingPlotter Pro version 3.42.3p running on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard server. The service is running ok as I am able to access the web interface. I would like to adjust the order of the targets being traced, but when I click on Show PingPlotter Service icon on the desktop, I notice that a PingPlotter icon briefly shows up in the notification area of the task bar, but the application does not show. If I launch PingPlotter, it opens ok but it doesn't have the targets I am know I'm tracing, so it is opening another instance of PingPlotter. How do I show the running instance of PingPlotter?

Thanks!

#2864 - 06/08/16 01:19 PM Re: Unable to launch service/application interface [Re: PJohnson]
PJohnson Offline

After some digging, I discovered it is a permissions issue. Though I am in the Administrators group for that server, I am denied access to run PingPlotter. The workspace is saved in the Program Files (x86) folder and everything runs from there. Contacting SysAdmin for help. He probably messed up my permissions.

#2865 - 06/08/16 01:54 PM Re: Unable to launch service/application interface [Re: PJohnson]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hey PJohnson,

Great catch! I am glad you were able to isolate it to being a permissions issue.

If adjusting the permissions still does not grant you access, feel free to email us at support@pingplotter.com to receive additional support for this.

Have a great rest of your week!

-Phillip

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod