Topic Options
#2568 - 10/10/14 03:07 PM Intermittent Connectivity Issues
FunkyMonk Offline

I have been having intermittent problems with my internet connection at one of my sites. For example users on the internal network may not be able to access resources online or if they are using a web based application they get disconnected. Also, if you are remotely connecting to a server or computer on the internal network via RDP the session disconnects and reconnects continuously. I ran PingPlotter against my routers outside interface from a computer outside of the network. I linked the results from a test I ran over night. I see I have problems starting at hops 13, 14, and 15. Not sure if this is my equipment or my ISP's as I have another internet connection setup on the same router for failover that runs fine. Techs from ISP have been out to replace the modem, splitter, and check cables for excessive voltages in the line. Not sure what is going on here, any help would be appreciated.

http://imgur.com/qz4FWG1
http://imgur.com/SiUnkUJ

#2569 - 10/10/14 03:52 PM Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues [Re: FunkyMonk]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello!

The screenshots you've provided here are definitely seem to be indicative of some problems... On first look, it would *appear* that things are going awry somewhere with Charter (somewhere around hop #12), but based off of the limited view we have, it's a bit tough to nail down exactly where the issue could be originating from.

The best course of action at this point would likely be to run a PingPlotter trace from inside the network that's experiencing problems (to somewhere outside the network - ideally to a site/resource that users are getting disconnected from). Generally, the closer the problem is to you (and to PingPlotter) - the easier it is to see (as you'll get a clearer picture of any potential issues).

You can either install PingPlotter on one of the machines at that site, or, you could make use of a remote agent setup (as I see you're running PingPlotter Pro here). For more information on how to utilize PingPlotter Pro's remote agent functionality, have a look here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/pro/remote_trace.html

We'd be more than happy to review any .pp2 files if you'd like to send some over to us as well! If we can get a look at these, it's a bit easier for us to dig into things a bit deeper, and offer some more specific guidance/advice.

Please let us know where this leaves you!

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2570 - 10/10/14 04:50 PM Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues [Re: Gary]
FunkyMonk Offline

Thanks for the response! I was thinking about setting up an agent or installing on a pc that within that network. I would be willing to send .pp2 to your support staff. Can you provide me with an email address and I will send them over?

#2571 - 10/10/14 04:54 PM Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues [Re: FunkyMonk]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

No problem at all!

You can send your .pp2 files over to support@pingplotter.com, and we'll be happy to take a look at them from there.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod