Topic Options
#2143 - 08/11/09 08:44 AM Interpretation help
Stephanie Offline

Hello,

I have a user in the UK and I asked him to test his connection to our office in PA using pinplotter to help determine if a VOIP phone would work for him. We were hoping for a clear cut result whether it would work or not, because these results determine whether or not we purchase the phones/software.

I'm not sure if that picture will show up...but the results are showing up green even though there are 4 ERR's showing up under the Cur section until you get towards the bottom. At hop 18 through 20 PL% equals 100, then at 21 PL% is 60 and the hop shows up green. Hop 22 and 23 also have PL% of 100 and the final hop number 24 shows up green but with PL% 50 and the total round trip Avg is 119 but the Cur is ERR.

Based on this information do you think the user would not be a candidate for the phones should we purchase them?

Thanks for any help.

#2144 - 08/11/09 12:22 PM Re: Interpretation help [Re: Stephanie]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The picture didn't show up. Can you email the .pp2 save file (preferably, with at least 100 samples in it) to us at support@pingplotter.com? We'll look at that, create a picture and reply back here.

Thanks,
Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod