Topic Options
#1621 - 05/12/06 09:31 AM Last hop not showing when up after brief outage
Anonymous
Unregistered

version3.00.2p
I have been using this since Jan 06
but over last 2 months (sometimes) whe a site bounces, the up notification is delayed for hours (if ever at all) and I will in that case need to restart the program....
newer release?
Thanks!
wwalla@gmail.com

#1622 - 05/12/06 03:03 PM Re: Last hop not showing when up after brief outage
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hello.

This is not something we normally get complaints about, so I don't have an immediate answer for you. PingPlotter Pro tries pretty hard to resend an email if it can't conact the email server - trying once a minute until it can get the email sent.

It might be worthwhile to install the latest beta (http://www.pingplotter.com/pro/beta.html) - 3.00.3p beta 8. I don't think it will change the problem in any way, but it does have a nice new feature about sending us the appropriate configuration files so our support team can easily see your settings.

If you install the beta and this problem persists, use the new Help -> Email PingPlotter Support... menu, which will package up all your configuration files, plus any error logs, and email them to our support team. If you decide to troubleshoot this with version 3.00.2p, we'll need your PingPlotter.ini file, your alerts.ini file, plus your PP_Errors.log file and your PingPlotter.rip file from your PingPlotter Pro install directory.

Another useful item would be a save file (File -> Save Sample Set) that captures the time of the problem and the ensuing "I'm up!" time, where PingPlotter Pro wasn't capturing the final hop's information. If you email us at support@pingplotter.com, we can troubleshoot with you and we can move the answer back to the forum once we figure it out (or we can keep the discussion here if you prefer, once we get your files via email).

Sorry you're having problems!

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod