Topic Options
#1295 - 11/18/04 08:55 AM Pingplotter shows no timeout when there is a connection loss
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I am new to Pinplotter and I use it for business purposess. I have a question though.
We are using this software to determine line problems we have for terminal traffic acros several WAN links. I know the wan links do involve several NAT translations.

Sometimes our connection drops. (The reason why we use pinplotter) When I use a regular ping the request is timed out. A tracert shows also a timeout.

But when I use pingplotter and tracing over all hops (Menu View | ignore hops) the connection shows no timeout. When I switch to ping final hop only the pingplotter times out also.

Could there be problemw with pingplotter?

#1296 - 11/18/04 12:03 PM Re: Pingplotter shows no timeout when there is a connection loss
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi.

It's always possible that there's an odd situation that PingPlotter is misinterpreting, although there's no known problems around this topic currently. This definitely sounds like behavior we don't like!

Can you do a save of the period where you're seeing inconsistencies (File -> Save sample set...) and email that to support@pingplotter.com? Also, please send us your pingplotter.ini file. Another very useful piece would be a tracert output of the problem period showing the proper timeouts.

With that data, we may be able to come up with an explanation and/or solution.

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod