Topic Options
#917 - 07/09/03 02:17 PM multiple pings
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need PP to send 20 pings to an address, wait one hour, send 20 pings to the same address, wait one hour...and so on. I need this to happen continously. I know I can set the trace interval to 60 min. and # of times to trace to continuous but it only sends one ping. I need it to send 20. Is that possible? Maybe in an ini file change?

Edited by trnagle (07/09/03 02:25 PM)

#918 - 07/09/03 02:55 PM Re: multiple pings
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Sorry - there's no way to do "bursts" like this at present.

Can you clarify a bit of what you're trying to achieve with this pattern? This is the first time anyone's asked for that - maybe if you talk about the problem you're trying to solve we can come up with a creative way of doing this...

#919 - 07/09/03 03:17 PM Re: multiple pings [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

The pings are going over a satellite network. Different data patterns traversing the satellite will be handled differently depending on load and the timing at which the requests are sent. I'm trying to keep these pings restricted to one method of satellite transport (for consistency), that's why I need the bursts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#920 - 07/09/03 11:42 PM Re: multiple pings
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
After mulling on this one a few hours, I'm not able to think of any way that Ping Plotter can be used to fire ping *burst* at a specific physical time. There are two challenges there - the first being the ability to fire *bursts*, the second being to fire them at a specific time in relationship to the hour.

Unfortunately, I don't think Ping Plotter is the best tool for this *particular* job. Sorry I can't offer any good suggestions on this.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod