Topic Options
#732 - 10/14/02 08:19 AM Remote access to data?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,
I´m wondering if it is somehow possible to access the measurements remotely. I´m interested in setting up ping plotter on a user-computer and would like to be able to access the data from my office without having to access the measuring computer on which ping plotter is installed and without having to bother the user to mail me the data.
I had a look in help and FAQ but could only find that it is possible to send the alarms via mail.

Thanks a lot in advance for help!

Regards,
Petra

#733 - 10/14/02 08:41 PM Re: Remote access to data?
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Do you have access to the hard drive on the remote computer (ie: via a shared directory on that computer), or mutual accessibility to a network share-point? If so, you can set up Ping Plotter to auto-save, and then just pull those files when you want to view the data.

For details on how to set up auto-save, see the tutorial.

Feel free to redirect if I misunderstood your question.

#734 - 10/15/02 06:38 AM Re: Remote access to data? [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for the prompt answer! Unfortunately I suppose I won´t habe access to the other hard drive. I there a way in spite of this?

#735 - 10/15/02 05:28 PM Re: Remote access to data?
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
There is no interface for Ping Plotter to remotely query data - and no way to control it remotely (at least in the current 2.30.1 version).

Beyond that (and getting into slightly less desirable answers), you could set up an alert that auto-emailed you at an interval of your choosing - and this could include a .pp2 data file. The downside of this is that you'd get emails constantly - even when you didn't want them (unless you set up alert conditions to only send you emails when the conditions were bad).

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod