Topic Options
#693 - 05/28/02 10:37 AM Sequential tracing
PDullaart Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Is there a way to let PP trace several IP-addresses sequentially (by setting maximum no of traces and some command line arguments)?

#694 - 05/28/02 10:50 AM Re: Sequential tracing [Re: PDullaart]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Ping Plotter *doesn't* do IP address scanning like this. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how tracing to sequential IP addresses would add a lot of value - as the route will likely be the same to each of these sequential IP addresses. If you're using it for alerting, then I can see some utility here - but I'd love to hear how you're thinking of using this feature (I just don't see the utility).

As you might expect from my confused look, Ping Plotter isn't going to do this for you out of the box today.

#695 - 05/29/02 06:42 AM Re: Sequential tracing [Re: Pete Ness]
PDullaart Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Some extra info: I want Ping Plotter to have monitoring more than just one IP-address automatically, in a sequential way probably. Therefore I am looking for a way Ping Plotter can be started session for session with a different IP-address. I need perhaps some scheduler? A problem is that Ping Plotter stays resident when started, so the scheduler must wait for some time when firing a new session (dependant of timeinterval & no of samples configured).

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod