Topic Options
#642 - 02/15/02 05:53 PM multiple
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to trace 6 different routes. How can I start PP (prefer as a service) and have it do that? I create a batch file, but it only starts one. Is it possible to start the program minimized?<br><br>

#643 - 02/15/02 06:23 PM Re: multiple
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
In current form, Ping Plotter traces to one destination per instance. You can, however, set up a batch file to do all 6 of these - something like this:<br><br>pingplotter /trace:www.pingplotter.com /minimize<br>pingplotter /trace:www.nessoft.com /minimize<br>(and more...)<br><br><br><br><br>

#644 - 02/15/02 06:30 PM Re: multiple [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It still only runs one instance and the command window stays open. I'm running version 2.30. Any ideas?<br><br>The minimize is great!<br><br>

#645 - 02/15/02 08:34 PM Re: multiple
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hmmm. Try putting a "start" in front of the pingplotter...<br><br>start pingplotter /trace:www.pingplotter.com /minimize<br>(more of these)<br><br>and see what that does. Some of this is OS specific, I think - on whether or not a batch file waits for a command to complete or not before it goes on. Obviously, Ping Plotter is still running - so it's not going to complete until you close it. start should take care of that, though.<br><br>

#646 - 02/16/02 11:03 AM Re: multiple [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I tried that and it still didn't work, but it was my fault. I was trying to run it with quotes ie "c:\program files\...". I changed the batch file to the ping plotter directory and it works like a champ. Thanks for your help and a great product.<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod