Topic Options
#530 - 06/14/01 11:36 PM packet loss percentage
dc1 Offline

Loc: Brazil
I just registered Ping Plotter. Congratulations to the author(s): great benefits at very low cost. <br>As new user, I have some questions about version 2.3, I didn't find in its Help: <br>1) Is there a way to increase the font size of the packet loss percent (upper graph)? It is very difficult for me to read it.<br>2) I don’t see the timeline graph related to packet loss percentage (lower graph). I suppose it is the black line showed in http://www.nessoft.com/pingplotter/nessoftgraph.gif. Instead, the black line (or thin bars) show the average ping response time. <br>3) Every time a new route change is logged, the height of the lower graph also changes (diminishes). Is there a way this dimension remains fixed?<br><br>

#531 - 06/15/01 01:00 AM Re: packet loss percentage [Re: dc1]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
>Is there a way to increase the font size of the packet loss <br>>percent (upper graph)? It is very difficult for me to read it.<br><br>At current, the font size is not adjustable. You can read the numbers by turning on the packet loss percentage column in the upper graph. This is one of the features planned for the next major feature release (adjustable font size for the upper packet loss graph).<br><br>>I don’t see the timeline graph related to packet loss <br>>percentage (lower graph). I suppose it is the black line <br>>showed in http://www.nessoft.com/pingplotter/nessoftgraph.gif. <br>>Instead, the black line (or thin bars) show the average ping <br>>response time. <br><br>The lower graph shows average packet loss as something other than 100% only when there is more than one sample displayed in any pixel. Often, the scale of the timeline graph is small enough that no averaging is needed. In this case, a lost packet is always shown at 100% of the pixel height. If you change the scale of your graph (ie: 12 hours, or something where averaging needs to be done to get all of the data displayed in a single pixel), then packet loss will be shown as a percentage in the lower graph. Note that the packet loss percentage in the upper graph is not related to the lower graph at present. I'm working on some ideas for this to be able to customize this behavior a bit.<br><br>>Every time a new route change is logged, the height of the <br>>lower graph also changes (diminishes). Is there a way this <br>>dimension remains fixed?<br><br>Do your routes have instances where you have multiple timeline graphs displayed sometimes, and not at other times? While I've not personally seen this behavior (changing heights) I could imagine a combination of events where this could happen. Can you e-mail me a .pp2 (sample set) and your PingPlotter.ini file so I can possibly reproduce this situation in my simulator here? (thanks for the e-mail you sent of your graph).<br><br><br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod