Topic Options
#4009 - 08/10/23 10:35 AM Need Help! Technical Challenges and Frustrations with GPON Flash Fiber Connectivity
Alpha Charlie Offline

GPON Flash fiber has just been introduced in our area, and I switched to it. However, the issue is that I am facing 100% packet loss at a fixed interval after every 1 minute and 30 seconds. I talked to my ISP about it, but they can't understand the issue. I showed them the screenshots attached to this post, but they still can't comprehend the problem. I think the issue is from my local exchange because everyone in the area who is connected to the same exchange is facing the same problem. I only experience 100% packet loss when the loss occurs on the 2nd or 3rd hop, especially when I'm playing a game. After every 1 minute and 30 seconds, I start experiencing teleportation for a second or two. Can someone guide me on what and where the issue could be, and what should I tell my ISP about it?

Video link of how it looks in PingPlotter https://clipchamp.com/watch/OfCLuDdCEjC

Attachments
lossed.png (21 downloads)

Edited by Alpha Charlie (08/10/23 10:37 AM)

#4010 - 08/10/23 12:11 PM Re: Need Help! Technical Challenges and Frustrations with GPON Flash Fiber Connectivity [Re: Alpha Charlie]
Tyson Offline

Hi Alpha Charlie,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Your screenshot and video show that the packet loss you're experiencing is first introduced in the route at hop 2, which is typically in you're ISP's network. This indicates that the issue is either with the device at hop 2, or with the route between your router (hop 1) and hop 2.

What you've done so far, collecting data and contacting your ISP, is really all you can do since, unfortunately, you can't fix this on your own. You could get everyone in your area to download PingPlotter as well and contact the ISP with their issues. It could be that if enough people complain they'll do something to resolve the issue.

All that to say, you're on the right track! Keep collecting data. Keep sending it to your ISP. Here's a good guide on how you can build your case and get the help you need: https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/outside-network-problems/

We wish you the best of luck!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod