Topic Options
#3349 - 01/24/19 03:10 PM Complete packet loss after hop 1
Rainling Offline

Hi there!

So I've been trying to figure out what's been going on with our internet the past couple week and I've been having no luck. Any fixes my ISP have done hasn't improved anything. Wired or wireless connections all cut out at the same time and the disconnects happen at random intervals. According to pingplotter, it's always after the first hop and it's always 100% packet loss from then on and only for a few seconds. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Attachments
Ping - 1-23-2019.PNG (428 downloads)

#3350 - 01/24/19 07:22 PM Re: Complete packet loss after hop 1 [Re: Rainling]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hi Rainling,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's a bit tough to speculate on what may be going on here with the limited amount of data we can see in the screenshot you provided. There's definitely some packet loss occurring at the final destination in your trace - and it *appears* that it's starting at hop #2, but we can't tell for certain without being able to see some additional information for the intermediate hops.

If you're interested, we've got a great walkthrough guide that goes over how to use PingPlotter to troubleshoot network issues like this one, which may prove helpful to you here as well:

http://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network

We also just launched a new pilot program called PingPlotter Reader, if you'd like us to help out with your troubleshooting efforts. With this service, we'd actually remotely monitor your connections for you over a period of time, and then compile our findings into a report. If you're interested, you can find more details on PingPlotter Reader here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/reader

Hopefully this helps out! If you have any other questions - please let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#3351 - 01/25/19 01:01 AM Re: Complete packet loss after hop 1 [Re: Gary]
Rainling Offline

Thanks for reaching out! I've shared a ping test here: Ping Test

If there's anything you can glimpse from it, I'd be most grateful!

I've gone through your walkthrough and have been unable to determine if it's an outside or local problem. I definitely haven't stopped trying though!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod