Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3055 - 04/13/17 01:01 PM Re: Question about second hop [Re: FoxSquirrel1]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey FoxSquirrel,

With a 1 Mbps down connection, this is *totally* possible. We set up a test environment here in our office this morning where we were able to emulate your connection speed - and just navigating to Google (or running a search once there) produced results in PingPlotter that were *very* similar to yours. A 1 Mbps connection is honestly pretty constrained, and it doesn't seem to take much to saturate it.

If you have any other questions - please let us know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

#3056 - 04/13/17 05:01 PM Re: Question about second hop [Re: Gary]
FoxSquirrel1 Offline

Originally Posted By: Gary
Hey FoxSquirrel,

With a 1 Mbps down connection, this is *totally* possible. We set up a test environment here in our office this morning where we were able to emulate your connection speed - and just navigating to Google (or running a search once there) produced results in PingPlotter that were *very* similar to yours. A 1 Mbps connection is honestly pretty constrained, and it doesn't seem to take much to saturate it.

If you have any other questions - please let us know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

Okay, thanks so much for testing it out for me. I really, really appreciate it. That just confirms for me that we will have to get another kind of Internet service. With DSL, 1Mbps is the fastest we can get due to our distance from the central office.

We're going to try to switch providers at the end of the month.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod