Topic Options
#2937 - 10/31/16 12:49 PM Packet loss problem (Input lag!)
Gabriele Offline

Hi, i'm a FIFA player.

I have big input lag in every game ! ALWAYS !
So it's almost impossible to win a game with 2 seconds input lag!

This is my tracert to easo.ea.com (game server).

How can be explained so many PL in my router and in first hop ?!

I tried 2 different modem/routers and even the wifi connection so it's not the cable !

Thanks !

Attachments
PL1.jpg (253 downloads)

Edited by Gabriele (10/31/16 12:49 PM)

#2938 - 10/31/16 05:35 PM Re: Packet loss problem (Input lag!) [Re: Gabriele]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for writing in to the forums today!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing major lag while playing FIFA. I know how frustrating that can be - it is the difference between winning and losing a game!

After taking a look at the screenshot that you attached (thanks for that by the way!), nothing jumped out to us as being something that would cause the issues you've been having, so it may have been running during a period where you were not experiencing issues.

The packet loss that you see in hops 1 and 2 actually aren't an issue here at all, because the packet loss doesn't carry through to hop 3 and on - and the latency in these first couple of hops is great. So, most likely, the router was just down-prioritizing ICMP requests, and not responding back to these requests (which shows up as packet loss in PingPlotter). Here is an article that goes into a bit more detail about this:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/5

It looks like this trace was only around 15 seconds - so it is very hard to get any kind of solid data from this. We recommend tracing for 24 hours at least, so you can see trends in the data and get a more clear picture of what may be happening. I would recommend setting the trace interval to around 2.5 seconds, and then just letting the trace run for at least that long, if not longer. Go ahead and play your game, and try to note the times where you are definitely experiencing lag.

Here is an article about interpreting results for gamers that you might find handy for this situation:

http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/interpretgraphsgamer.html

If you are still needing help interpreting the data after collecting the data, feel free to send us an email at support@pingplotter.com - and we can see if we can help determine the cause.

If you should find yourself with any other questions, or needing any other assistance - please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

-Phillip

#2939 - 11/02/16 03:39 AM Re: Packet loss problem (Input lag!) [Re: Phillip]
Gabriele Offline

Hi Phillip,
Thanks for your answer.

This is my second tracking during all night...
We can still see the PL in first 2 hops, but you say it's not the problem cause PL doesn't reach the final host (easo.ea.com).

Could you do a tracerouter in pingplotter towards easo.ea.com and post it here please? just to see other people tracert, ping ect...

Thanks a lot.

Attachments
PL2.jpg (175 downloads)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod