Topic Options
#281 - 09/21/00 10:01 AM Timeline Graph Display error
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Timeline graph seems to display information on increasingly worse and worse accuracy as the time period to display is insceased. I have the display set to warning at 30 MS and am testing one hop only (DSL circuit). As I display durations past 60 minutes the items on the graph previously showing 30-45 MS now display as less than 30 MS. The longer the display time the lower the values display. Note the average ping is 14 MS so I am trying to monitor the bad (long) ones.<br><br>Thanks<br>Tim<br><br>

#282 - 09/21/00 10:39 AM Re: Timeline Graph Display error
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi Tim.<br><br>I suspect that what's happening here is you're increasing the time that the timeline graph shows. Because there are only so many pixels in the lower graph, as you increase the time shown, more samples have to be averaged to fit into one pixel width. This makes the graph smoother - and the bad pings are averaged out. If you want to see any time period with more resolution, you have to scroll the graph rather than rescale it. Scroll the graph by grabbing it with your mouse and drag it to the right to get to the older time periods.<br><br>A red line in the time-line graph indicates a timeout in this time period. A lost packet always makes a pixel show up as red. If there is more than one sample in the period - and at least one sample succeeded, then the red line will indicate the average of the successful packets in this time period. If there were no successful packets in the period, then the red line will go from top to the bottom of the scale. <br><br>I hope that addresses the issue you're talking about. Feel free to e-mail me some pictures if I missed your point, and I'll re-address.<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod