Topic Options
#2689 - 06/24/15 10:15 AM Not enough storage is available to process this command
D.CHR Offline

Hi
Apologizes if this has been answered in another post but i haven't been able to find anything on it. I am having problem when running Ping Plotter Pro as a service, that the webpage will display an error:
on error resume next
set LTarget = PingPlotter.FindByID(UID)
on error goto 0
end if

if ((IsObject(LTarget) and (LTarget is Nothing)) or (not IsObject(LTarget))) then
---- Error:System Error. Code: 8.
Not enough storage is available to process this command, Row: 221, Col: 2----
if PingPlotter.TargetCount > 0 then
-^--
set LTarget = PingPlotter.Targets(0)
else

on error resume next
set LTarget = PingPlotter.FindByID(UID)
on error goto 0
end if

if ((IsObject(LTarget) and (LTarget is Nothing)) or (not IsObject(LTarget))) then
---- Error:System Error. Code: 8.
Not enough storage is available to process this command, Row: 221, Col: 2----
if PingPlotter.TargetCount > 0 then
-^--
set LTarget = PingPlotter.Targets(0)
else

I am trying to run 195 targets but even scaling down to half i get this error. Only when i am down to around 45 it works again. Resource wise the server is running around 40% so i do not understand why this error happens and how to get around it. Also it only happens when the service is running, not when i have the Ping Plotter Pro program open.

Previously it worked on Windows 2003 but after an upgrade it no longer works.

I am running it on Windows 2012 Server now

Hopefully someone can help me get it up and running again.

Best Regards
David

#2690 - 06/24/15 01:37 PM Re: Not enough storage is available to process this command [Re: D.CHR]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey David,

Thanks for writing in!

We'd love to help out with this issue - but we'd need a bit more info in order to do so. Would you possibly be able to send us a support ticket directly from your instance of PingPlotter ("Help" -> "Email PingPlotter Support")? This will give us a look at your configuration and error logs, which may provide some clues into what is happening here.

Let us know, and we'll be happy to help out from there!

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2692 - 06/25/15 06:01 AM Re: Not enough storage is available to process this command [Re: Gary]
D.CHR Offline

Hi Gary

Thank you for the quick response.

I've send in the support ticket now

Best Regards
David

#2693 - 06/25/15 01:45 PM Re: Not enough storage is available to process this command [Re: D.CHR]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey David,

Thanks for sending over this info - we appreciate it.

The culprit here is *most likely* the number of targets you trying to load up. With any 3x version of PingPlotter, the program works great up to around 50 total targets (we've had some users push this up to 100 in the past, though). With 195 targets, you're likely going to run out of window handles (or a related resource), which can result in errors like the one you're seeing here. Different operating systems can have different per-process resource limits, which may explain why it worked on 2003, and not on 2012.

We aren't experts on this (because we really only support this version of PingPlotter up to 50 targets) - but you could look into increasing the limit on window handles for this machine - which may help get you closer to what you're after.

We recently released PingPlotter v4 as well - in which we specifically addressed the number of targets PingPlotter can handle (we test to 250 targets). We do this by *not* creating tabs for every running target. This is a paid upgrade from PingPlotter v3, and if you're interested, you can see more information here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/whats-in-v4.html

If you have any questions, or if there's anything else we can do to help out - please let us know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod