Topic Options
#2624 - 03/18/15 05:46 PM Not sure what to make of these results
mikej345 Offline

I'm quite new to using pingplotter and these results don't quite make sense to me.

I assume the file I attached is visible in this post...

If thats is the case my dilemma is this, how is the round trip value so high but the graph is reporting latency of max 15ms? Isn't the roundtrip and latency the same?

Thanks!

Attachments
PingPlotterImage.PNG (230 downloads)

#2625 - 03/18/15 06:04 PM Re: Not sure what to make of these results [Re: mikej345]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Mike,

Thanks for writing in - and thank you for trying out PingPlotter!

It *looks* like the timeline graph you have open in PingPlotter is for your 1st hop (and not your final target, which *is* reporting a much higher round trip time than hop #1). You can open up additional timeline graphs (including one for your final destination) by either double clicking on any hop, or right clicking and selecting "Show this timeline graph" (and the same options can be used to hide the graphs).

We cover this in a bit more detail in a section of our manual, which you can find here (be sure to check out point #6, specifically):

http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/standard/theinterfacegraphs.html

Hopefully this helps out! If you should find yourself with any other questions - please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2627 - 03/19/15 09:24 AM Re: Not sure what to make of these results [Re: Gary]
mikej345 Offline

Gary! Thank you so much for your response. It was exactly what I needed, I truly appreciate it.

Keep up the great work!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod