Topic Options
#2609 - 02/12/15 02:06 PM License Question
konnerbllb Offline

Hi there. I love your product Ping Plotter and while I don't use it daily I would still like to purchase a license to support you guys. Before I do I have a question about licensing, one that I searched through your support but I didn't find an answer to. If it's there I apologize.

I'm interested in a single license for one of my pc's. As a gamer I upgrade my pc every other year. Next year I plan a motherboard and OS upgrade, Windows 10. How does licensing work, does it use hardware information such as the MAC or does the app check to see if more than one pc is using the same license and then flag? Slysoft uses the latter system which is helpful because I don't have to worry about losing a license from a hardware upgrade.

Thanks,

Konner

#2610 - 02/12/15 05:21 PM Re: License Question [Re: konnerbllb]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Konner,

Thanks for the support! We appreciate it (and you!).

The situation you're describing here isn't going to pose any sort of problems for you. We've specifically designed our licensing system to not interfere with valid users. If you're looking at a single user license, you can actually have the program installed on a handful of machines (so long as it isn't running concurrently on multiple machines). If you're interested in learning more about this "reasonable use" clause, you can find it in our licensing agreement (under the "Single User License' section):

http://www.pingman.com/licenseagreement.html

You'll never have to worry about "losing" a license, either. If you ever should run into a situation where something isn't working (which again, is *pretty* unlikely) - you can always email us, and we'll be more than happy to get things straightened out for you.

Hopefully this helps out! If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2611 - 02/13/15 03:09 PM Re: License Question [Re: Gary]
konnerbllb Offline

Thank you for the reply. That sounds very helpful, I can appreciate that level of flexibility. I'll be purchasing a license next week. Thanks again.

Konner

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod