Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2048 - 09/23/08 11:59 AM Systray
FICPA Offline

Should PingPlotter show in the systray at all times if I'm running in Windows Service mode? When I log off my server and log back in it's not in the sys tray but the Service is running. I have the Put Icon In Tool Tray checked.

#2049 - 09/23/08 12:01 PM Re: Systray [Re: FICPA]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
There are some variables here based on the operating system you're running. If you're using Windows 2003 server (the most popular choice for this, currently) with terminal services, then have a look at this knowledge base article:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/59

If you're running some other configuration, let us know a bit more about your OS/environment.

- Pete

#2050 - 09/23/08 01:36 PM Re: Systray [Re: Pete Ness]
FICPA Offline

Just what I needed. Thanks.

#2051 - 03/18/09 12:55 PM Re: Systray [Re: Pete Ness]
Shane Offline

This didn't help me. I RDP into my server and when I login with my credentials it still does not have the ping plotter icon in the sys tray.

#2052 - 03/18/09 08:12 PM Re: Systray [Re: Shane]
Shane Offline

How else should I try to log in when I console into the server that I'm running Ping Plotter Pro on?

#2053 - 03/19/09 03:04 AM Re: Systray [Re: Shane]
Pete Ness Offline

Hi, Shane.

If PingPlotter is running as a service under Windows 2003 and you want to look at it using a remote desktop client, then you'll need to launch the desktop client per the instructions in the knowledge base article. The command to use varies based on your operating system.

If this doesn't work, please let us know what OS server version you're using as the PingPlotter server, and which client OS/version you're using as the viewing client (XP SP3? Vista SP1?). Once we have that information, we can help you troubleshoot.

This problem has been solved *numerous* times by following the instructions in the knowledge base article referenced above, so please make sure you've reviewed that in some detail.

- Pete

#2054 - 03/19/09 10:10 AM Re: Systray [Re: Pete Ness]
Shane Offline

That's what's so frustrating. I know that I'm probably just missing something simple but I can't see what it is. The server is 2003 and my workstation is XP. I use the command
/mstsc /console
command and then when RDP comes up I type in my login credentials to login to the computer. When I do this there is no ping plotter icon in the system tray.
I have also tried the command
/mstsc /v:servername /console
then used my credentials to login. What am I missing in this equation? Do I need to login using a local account?

#2055 - 03/20/09 02:56 PM Re: Systray [Re: Shane]
Shane Offline

What else can I try to fix my problem so I can take advantage of this tool I have at my disposal?
I'm really anxious to use it with the service method.
Thanks,
Shane

#2056 - 03/20/09 03:16 PM Re: Systray [Re: Shane]
Pete Ness Offline

Hi, Shane.

My intention here is to fire up our machines with your combination of OSes and mess around with permissions and command line parameters to see if there's any way to duplicate your problem.

I've not had a chance to do this yet, though.

Do you have physical access to the server machine for a bit of troubleshooting? If you log in to that machine from the physical console with your same user account, does PingPlotter show up that way?

- Pete

#2057 - 03/23/09 03:47 PM Re: Systray [Re: Pete Ness]
Shane Offline

Thank you for your efforts. I logged in to the server with the same outcome. What else can I do to assist in the troubleshooting?

Shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod