Topic Options
#1254 - 09/14/04 04:05 AM Graph line colors and back ground colors
Mele20 Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I am pinging 4 servers for my antivirus updates.
Do you have any idea why some hops on the graph on one of these targets is picking up the background color for my desktop theme and showing lots of vertical lines in that color instead of red or black? The other three targets have normal colors on the graphs. The server with the vertical lines in my Desktop theme background color is the one having a problem. The other three servers are ok. Some of the lines are thick, solid and this hop (and the next) looks like where the problem starts. I think these should be red lines not the color of my desktop theme. It's very odd.

Also what is the meaning of the background colors for the graphs for various hops? What does it mean when the colors are tri color (pink, beige, white) or solid light green, or white on top and green below, or solid pink etc?

Attachments
1263-u2a.eset.com .png

#1255 - 09/14/04 07:15 PM Re: Graph line colors and back ground colors [Re: Mele20]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
We talk about this in our knowledgebase, here:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/30

Please let us know if this leaves you with additional questions.

- Pete

#1256 - 09/15/04 03:37 AM Re: Graph line colors and back ground colors [Re: Pete Ness]
Mele20 Offline

Loc: Hawaii
That FAQ talks about a grey background. I don't have any grey background and PP was running continuously for over 24 hours...no pausing. That FAQ doesn't mention why what looks like outages on those hops are colored green instead of red. Plus, there wasn't any explanation about the background colors on the various hops.

The FAQ did mention "oscillation" and that was helpful because I was seeing some of that and didn't realize I could combine the hops.

#1257 - 09/15/04 03:55 AM Re: Graph line colors and back ground colors [Re: Mele20]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The background color you're talking about is the grey color that the knowledgebase article is talking about. The vertical "background color" lines you're seeing on hops 11,12 and 13 are *exactly* the same ones we're discussing there as being caused by route oscillation. When that router isn't participating in routing data, the background color shows through the graph.

We talk about the graphs and colors to some extent here.

http://www.pingplotter.com/tutorial/TheInterfaceGraphs.html

The lighter colors on the graph correspond to red / yellow / green for the bad / warning / good ranges you have configured.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod