Topic Options
#122 - 04/07/00 08:03 AM Saving Data
Wolfgang Offline

We use NT4 SP6/Pingplotter Beta. After installation we learned that you have to quit and restart to start saving to files for the first time. After this procedure you can change settings in the file/save option which take now in effect wothout restart.<br><br>Is there any chance that PingPlotter will be available as NT Service in the Future ?<br><br>

#123 - 04/07/00 11:57 AM Re: Saving Data [Re: Wolfgang]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
You're right - changing these settings requires you to stop and restart the trace before they go into affect (well, changing the time and file names work, but turning on or off auto-save can only be activated by stopping and then restarting the trace). I've got this fixed for the next beta.<br><br>Ping Plotter isn't currently set up to run as a service. I've had reports of someone getting it to work using one of the Resource Kit tools that lets you run any EXE as a service, but I've not tried it myself to see if it works. It's unlikely that version 2.2x will have a native service option. I'll add your vote for this to the feature request list, but you're only the second person to ask for it, so it's not very close to the top yet.<br><br>Thanks for the info and suggestion.<br><br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod