Topic Options
#1224 - 08/12/04 10:50 AM crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data
Anonymous
Unregistered

When the amount of data recorded crossed over into more than 24 hours something happened. The previous day's data wont display (the plots seems stuck on one value for PL% and latency) unless I decrease the range of the data and scroll back so the data viewed is entireley from yesterday.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Jerrill

#1225 - 08/12/04 10:52 AM Re: crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data
Jerrill Offline

Loc: Georgetown, KY
Sorry. I wasn't logged in.

Jerrill

#1226 - 08/12/04 04:57 PM Re: crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data
Jerrill Offline

It seems that something happens on route changes as well. At 24 hours the software drives a stake in the ground and takes the first data point of the new day and displays that for all the previous data points. Likewise when there is a route change. the virst valid data point is filled to the left on all the previous data points. Scrolling back in time past these points seems to display the old data suddenly as the duplicated data point is scrolled off to the right. It works I guess, but seems buggy.

#1227 - 08/12/04 10:31 PM Re: crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data [Re: Jerrill]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
That is *not* a standard problem. Can you create a save file (.pp2) of your collected data and email it to support@pingplotter.com?

- Pete

#1228 - 08/13/04 02:51 PM Re: crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data [Re: Pete Ness]
Jerrill Offline

That run was on my computer (Win2000Pro) at work. I ran the same thing on my PC at home (Win98SE) and it worked fine.

I'll e-mail it to you Monday when I'm back in the office.

#1229 - 08/16/04 06:24 PM Re: crossing 24-hour mark destroys yesteday's data [Re: Jerrill]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Just to bring some closure to this thread...

Jerrill sent us some save data that demonstrated the problem. The data showed that the date for the computer was being changed back to a prior date (about 16 months earlier), and this was causing PingPlotter some issues (data from the current period mixed with data 16 months old, then back to the current period 10 samples later).

PingPlotter can probably be set up to better handle a situation like this, and we'll get an change request logged for this.

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod