Topic Options
#1064 - 01/28/04 09:09 AM Saving timeline graph
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've used ping plotter in the past, now I'm evaluating MultiPing to see if it will do the job for us. In ping plotter there used to be a way of saving the sample set so that old data could be viewed on the graphs. This was useful as we often wanted to review the performace over a long period of time and the pc doing the monitoring was ocassionally restarted. Is there a way to acheive this in MultiPing?
Also, can Multiping be run as a service, so that it would auotmatically start with the PC?

Colin

#1065 - 01/28/04 10:52 AM Re: Saving timeline graph
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I came to the support board wondering the same thing. I've been logging my connection history with my ISP for the past few days, but I noticed when I first installed the application that shuttig it down (or rebooting) would lose all my history, and I can't find a place to log or save that at all (unless I choose to alert / log everything over 1ms or something). Is this something that is coming, or am I missing an option somewhere?

diamond - [email]billdoe@hotmail_C0M[/email]

#1066 - 01/28/04 11:03 AM Re: Saving timeline graph
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi.

Thanks for the question!

MultiPing does not save data like PingPlotter does - it keeps the data in memory only. For a bit more information about what's in MultiPing vs PingPlotter, see our product comparison page.

We are working on some capabilities that will probably fit what you're after a bit more (ie: running as a service and automatic saving/loading of data) in a future product, but it's not available yet today.

- Pete

#1067 - 01/29/04 09:22 AM Re: Saving timeline graph [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you have an ETA for this new product?

#1068 - 01/29/04 10:59 AM Re: Saving timeline graph
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Nothing that we're ready to announce yet. It's not immediately, though.

Search

Who's Online
1 registered (Tyson), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod