Saving timeline graph

Posted by: Anonymous

Saving timeline graph - 01/28/04 09:09 AM

I've used ping plotter in the past, now I'm evaluating MultiPing to see if it will do the job for us. In ping plotter there used to be a way of saving the sample set so that old data could be viewed on the graphs. This was useful as we often wanted to review the performace over a long period of time and the pc doing the monitoring was ocassionally restarted. Is there a way to acheive this in MultiPing?
Also, can Multiping be run as a service, so that it would auotmatically start with the PC?

Colin

Re: Saving timeline graph - 01/28/04 10:52 AM

Yes, I came to the support board wondering the same thing. I've been logging my connection history with my ISP for the past few days, but I noticed when I first installed the application that shuttig it down (or rebooting) would lose all my history, and I can't find a place to log or save that at all (unless I choose to alert / log everything over 1ms or something). Is this something that is coming, or am I missing an option somewhere?

diamond - [email]billdoe@hotmail_C0M[/email]
Posted by: Pete Ness

Re: Saving timeline graph - 01/28/04 11:03 AM

Hi.

Thanks for the question!

MultiPing does not save data like PingPlotter does - it keeps the data in memory only. For a bit more information about what's in MultiPing vs PingPlotter, see our product comparison page.

We are working on some capabilities that will probably fit what you're after a bit more (ie: running as a service and automatic saving/loading of data) in a future product, but it's not available yet today.

- Pete

Re: Saving timeline graph - 01/29/04 09:22 AM

Do you have an ETA for this new product?
Posted by: Pete Ness

Re: Saving timeline graph - 01/29/04 10:59 AM

Nothing that we're ready to announce yet. It's not immediately, though.