I'm a longtime user of pingploter freeware & I just downloaded the latest release (2.30.1) of the full version for eval. I'm experiencing an O/S crash after a few hours running multiple copies of pingplotter under Win98SE (desktop) & WinME (laptop). Details follow.

I'm running multiple pingplotter sessions simultanously to help me debug RoadRunner cable problems. I'm pinging to www.yahoo.com, ftp.onr.com, news-server.houston.rr.com, and another server located at the company I work for. Everything runs fine for at least an hour or two - including auto-saves to a .pp2 file for each session. But when I return to the computer in the morning or after being away for a couple of hours, it will either be locked up (Win98SE) or have re-booted itself (WinME). The Win98SE "lock-up" isn't a BSOD, it's just a black screen, and a ctl-alt-del doesn't help. Have to reboot the Win98SE machine.

I did a test last night where I started the four pingplotters on the WinME laptop before starting a DVD (Amelie, great flick), and was sitting next to the laptop when it gave a loud BEEP and re-booted. Nothing else running at the time & it was a fresh boot before I started pingplotter.

[EDIT: Each pingplotter session is pinging unlimited number of times, 10 second intervals, graphing last 7 samples, auto-save to default filename/location, 56b packets, no other changes I can think of]

[EDIT #2: My crashes under WinME are reliable - every time. But sometimes Win98SE _will_ run for 8 hours or more without a lockup. FWIW, here are .pp2 files from each machine: Win98SE pp2 file, WinME pp2 file ]

Desktop Win98SE = Asus mobo, Athlon XP 1800, 512MB single stick DDR 2100 memory, GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics, 80GB+100GB W.D. hard drives, DVD-ROM, DVD+RW burner, CD-RW burner.

Laptop WinME = Toshiba Satellite 3005-S303, PIII-850, 256MB memory, 20GB hard drive, DVD-ROM/CD-RW burner.

BTW, it's an awesome program that I'm looking forward to registering assuming this kink is fixed in the new beta. Or perhaps there is a work-around? TIA,