A bit of followup on this.<br><br>For now, Symantec recommends having Norton Antivirus ignore this file in its virus scans. This will stop auto-protect from scanning that file when you start/access Ping Plotter, and should be a viable short-term work-around.<br><br>Here are the instructions (a link to the symantec site) on how to add a file to your exclusion list.<br><br><A HREF="http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/199829164436&src=w" target="_new">How to add a file to the exclusion list in NAV</A><br><br>On my test machine (the one that best duplicates this problem), it takes the load time from 15 seconds down to just about instantly. I included *only* the c:\program files\ping plotter\pingplotter.exe file in my exclusion list to get these results.<br><br>Please note that even after doing this, the Ping Plotter install won't run any faster than it did before (it may seem to freeze at 71% - it will complete if you're patient). My install program first extracts to a temporary file (with a .tmp extension), and this file will get scanned as it is being written - which can take quite a while when NAV is acting up. Once the file is renamed to PingPlotter.exe, though, NAV won't scan it every time you run it - so it will start quickly.<br><br>