I can't seem to get the alert feature to work.<br><br>I'm running PPloter 2.21 (registered and paid for) on a w98 puter.<br><br>I followed the directions by first going to "Edit/Alert Setup" menu, created a test alert named "New Alert 1". Then I traced to the destination and right clicked on the hop number and clicked "Add Monitor", then in the dialog I moved "New Alert 1" to the left column of "Selected alerts", and clicked oK.<br><br>Nothing happens. I set the values in the Alert Setup ridiculously low, so I would be sure to get an alert. Checked in both bottom boxes for text file and alert wave file--picked a standard win wave file.<br><br>Nothing. One thing I noticed was an IP address never showed up at any time during the setup process, and the help file clearly states that I should be seeing an IP during the "Add Monitor" part of the setup. What am I missing here in the setup?<br><br>I've read through the section "Tying an alert to an IP." 3 times--I must be missing something here. I have also read through all the Ping Plotter Support forum posts, and this Q hasn't come up other than being directed to the FAQ's which aren't answering my question.<br><br>I haven't set it up for an email alert, I just want it to ring the alarm. Once I get that working I'll set-up for sending emails. Does PP need to be open, closed, minimized, or icon in taskbar for this feature to work?<br><br>