Hey lolbob,

Thanks for reaching out!

I looked over the PingPlotter data you included and it looks to me like this issue was originating at the second hop in your route which is likely your ISP. With that said it looks like this issue cleared up/may have been resolved based on your results from Sunday. Considering this I suggest continuing to collect PingPlotter data for the next few days to conclude if the issue is resolved or if it is intermittent/still present.

If you do see the packet loss as shown in your traces from Saturday manifest themselves on your network again I suggest reaching out to your ISP with this data to proceed with fixing this. I suggest checking out the following article on building a case if it does come to this:

Building A Case

In regards to the results your router returned, you are correct that this is an example of that device dropping ICMP. As you have already found, by tracing directly to the router it will handle these packets differently and give you an accurate look into exactly how your router is behaving. You can read more about this in the following article:

One Poorly Responding Router

Let us know if this leaves you with any other questions or concerns!

Best of luck,
-TJ