Hi xAdesius,

Thanks for writing into the forum!

After taking a look at the screenshot that you sent it looks like the pattern of packet loss goes back at least through hop #3. Since hop #1 and hop #2 show high packet loss these are likely false positives.

I would suggest tracing directly to hop #1 and hop #2 to see if you can get them to respond. I am guessing the packet loss that you're seeing at hop #1 is a false positive reading and that it is just down-prioritizing those packets (see this article for more information). The 100% packet loss at hop #2 is likely a similar story and that device is configured to drop all ICMP echo requests with an expired TTL. It could also be that it's configured to drop all ICMP packets or all pings from any packet type. That said, it's still worth tracing directly to these hops as they may respond differently with the TTL is not 0.

See what you get when you trace directly to those hops and see if it matches up with the packet loss you're seeing further down the route. If it does then keep going back up the route and you should find your culprit.

Let me know how it goes and if there is anything else I can help with!

-Poe