Hello there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry you're having such a terrible time nailing down the reason for your bad connection. I'm happy to help though smile

So I pulled in that sample file (thanks for uploading it) and I did find a clue at least...

- First off, you can discount the packet loss at hop #1 because this is just your router de-prioritizing ICMP Time Exceeded responses (it doesn't affect your connection and is perfectly normal).

- Second, hop #2 is not sending back ICMP Time Expired messages at all. This is also normal however, this can "mask" true packet loss (stuff that affects your connection).

- Third, I can confirm that the packet loss that's affecting your connection is as early as hop #3 - I've attached an image and annotated to demonstrate.

In conclusion, it's highly suspect that there's an issue at or between hop #2 and hop #3. You can try tracing directly to the IP address of hop #2 for a while to see if it shows the same pattern of packet loss. If that's not productive, then you can trace directly to hop #3.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to reach out if you've got any other questions.

Austin Berner
Quality Assurance Analyst | Pingman Tools
support@pingman.com | (208) 345-0030 ext.1062