So ISP finally made it out while the issue was happening again. This time they sent in a group of 4 techs, including one area supervisor. They tested for voltage again and came up blank.

Supervisor then had them test from the utility pole, before it entered the house and they found no voltage, but packet loss inline with what I was seeing on pingplotter. I guess the installing tech was color blind or something and mistook the comcast box on the utility pole for the wave one (I guess they look almost identical) and none of the next 6 subsequent tech's noticed. ISP said they would wave fee's for the time I was having issues as well, which is nice.

Although it took them a touch over two months to fix the issue, Wave was always communicative and trying to help. In the end they sent out 1 installer and 10 tech's, and took ownership of the issue even when one tech had claimed it was voltage on the line. Overall way better service than I expected, having dealt with comcast in the past.

Here is what I was seeing and stood out to me, in case someone has similar issues in the future:
-no pattern to when loss was happening, some days would seem like they lined up but there were too many outliers to form a real pattern.
-rebooting modem usually didn't help, sometimes it would relieve attacks for a while but never for more than a handful of hours, other times no relief at all
-removing and re-attaching the coax from the modem provides same level of relief as rebooting the modem (just faster, modems boot slow)
-no voltage on the line, ISP tests with one prong to ground and the other to the coax sheild or stinger.
-Shutting off all devices in the home didn't provide any relief
-"No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" in modem logs
-"Dyanmic Range Violation" in modem logs
-all channels on modem in the correct ranges
-internet was always full speed when it worked

Good luck to anyone having issues, thanks to pingplotter for helping me look at the issue!