So i've had an odd problem for a while (I remember it happening since the end of march) and i've done so much troubleshooting for it i think i'm at the end of the line it seems.

So the actual internet service went down for just a couple of hours around the end of march or so(no word from ISP) then came back on, but since then, in online games, it seems like the latency spikes up very high but i've almost never been able to pin point the latency actually spiking. My person in game pretty much stutters for less than a second and it occurs about 3 or 4 times a minute.

The reason i haven't been able to prove it being latency specifically for a while is because it happens so fast that nothing i use can get a good look at the MS when it does spike. But, my VoIP graphs the latency as soon as it oddly spikes up, and my cmd charted the peaks of my ping when i was pinging google, and there are high spikes. But sometimes the problem happens and it doesn't look like any high latency was detected while it was happening. When i'm pinging google on the command prompt, the average is 4ms and it peaks 18ms.

I didn't mean to drag the text part of the post out this long but i'm trying to detail the problem as well as possible and will be open to answer any questions if it will bring me closer to a diagnosis. I've added the pp2 file and the image file for the chart pinging google in pingplotter. Thanks.

EDIT: (My connection is wired) I forgot to include all my troubleshooting steps i've went through that haven't fixed the problem so i'll try to list them all in order, although i may leave some out. I initially changed multiple router settings through routerlogin.com but that doesn't matter much as you'll find out why in a second. After that, i've done things such as switch to ethernet/wired internet and completely disabled the wireless setting for internet, then i had upgraded to a better plan from my ISP which i didn't suspect would do too much anyways. I then factory reset my router completely, and it still hadn't fixed it. I disabled and enabled QoS and wifi multimedia which didn't change anything. That's about all i can think of as far as trying to fix the problem goes.

Attachments
googlecom.png (226 downloads)
googlecom.pp2 (526 downloads)

Edited by X892375 (07/01/17 12:41 PM)