I am connected to internet via Shaw in Vancouver, BC using a cable internet connection on an advanced wifi modem which is a Hitron CGNM-2250.

I use the internet on 2 different computers both hard wired to the modem.

One is a PC running windows 10 and the other is an IMAC with OS Sierra 12.5 which I use for work.

On the mac for work I connect to a vpn and it requires a strong reliable connection however as I had crazy lag one day they suggested we test it using PingPlotter (which I had done in the past) and I discovered something was different with the ip address showing in hops 1 & 2.

As I recall it used to be the default router address first then something like 10.10.128.0 or something in the second one. Now I notice for both it has the address 96.55.32.1.

This somehow is causing it to spike up to 2000 ping every 10 seconds or so and I basically need help changing the wan IP address which I can do if i login to 192.168.0.1 I just need to know which number to put in which box basically and I think if I can do this successfully it will solve the problem.

I have already talked to shaw for hours and they have sent out a tech who fixed the signal which was also bad and replaced the modem but the problem still exists.

I use the internet for work and am on the verge of getting fired so hope someone can help me.

I am including a link to a folder showing screenshots from a ping plotter test done yesterday within the same minute which illustrates what I am trying to explain. Also a recent scan from today which shows crazy "average" pings due to it jumping up to 2000 ping between first and second hop approximately every 10-20 seconds.

https://goo.gl/photos/nHnQZfGCMbwAgw4Q8