Here's the graph sent...<br><br><br><br>First off, the following suggestions are what I would do if I was having the problems you are. These may not be the best or only way of doing this, but ... it's just what I would do.<br><br>Honestly, these performance peaks look *EXACTLY* like modem bandwidth saturation. I've seen this on my own systems many a time, but can always attribute it to something running on my system using bandwidth.<br><br>The very first thing I would do, is to try to find a piece of software that can measure your bandwidth useage on your modem. I don't have a recommendation for a specific one, but I've seen many that basically replace the little tool-tray lights for the standard windows modem. You want something that graphs the bandwidth through the modem at any specific time - and the ability to graph it over time. Check someplace like <A HREF="http://downloads.cnet.com" target="_new">http://downloads.cnet.com</A>, or your favorite download site.<br><br>Run this monitoring software and Ping Plotter simultaneously. Watch the bandwidth useage when your latency is bad - and see if you can correspond bandwidth useage with these periods of bad latency.<br><br>There are *so* many software packages now that use the internet as a tool. Does your stock quote program have ads on it that could possibly be being downloaded without you knowing about it? Is your e-mail program running pulling mail? Is there a application running on your PC you're unaware of? Is there any possibility of you having a virus that may be communicating with the internet?<br><br>Once you have bandwidth useage vs latency information, then you can use this information to change the way your apps are using your bandwidth, or, if this isn't the problem, you can go to your ISP with that information. If your ISP or phone company actually do have a problem providing the service you need, you'll need all the information you can possibly find to prove it to them. This includes proving that your system isn't involved in the problem - but that it *IS* their fault. Showing the available bandwidth vs. used bandwidths is a significant step toward getting this done.<br><br>Post back here when you've completed this step (with images if possible). I'll be happy to offer any more suggestions (again, remember that these are just suggestions of what I would do - not the law of how to get things done) and analysis of the information.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br>