Hello there,
I've a question regarding failed Tcp - ping while on VPN (using PingPlotter).

I am using PingPlotter to determin latency to gameserver in Frakfurt, Germany, due to ICMP block I am forced to use TCP-Ping on port 10100 (game client). I can ping using both ICMP without and with VPN with same results i.e. it tries to reach destination, but fails, because of ICMP block.
With TCP it's another story, I can successfully ping it without VPN, but with VPN I fail to even begin the trace.
First thing I did, was question the VPN support (About ICMP and TCP ping), their answer was as follows
Quote:
"Hi Miroslav,
please let me explain the ICMP thing more in detail.

If you want to ping our VPN servers (without any VPN connection) the VPN server won't answer to you, because the ICMP protocol is disabled on our VPN servers for security reasons.

But when you are connected to our VPN (VPN server) you should be able to ping devices from your connected device and all other devices connected to the Internet should be able to ping your device under the IP address which you get from us - your last IP was 93.190.51.157.

There should not be any limitation on TCP ping as we do not block any ports and protocol over the VPN connection except:
===
Default port for IRC
UDP port 53
TCP port 25 (only on Dynamic IP and Free Trial)
===
Other ports are completely opened and blocking of TCP ping depends only on your device firewall.

I have just tried to TCP ping on my device during VPN connection and everything works well. Only thing is that the result returned that tested port is filtered, but this is how my device's firewall is configured. "

Now I am not super-tech-savy, so maybe I failed to turn on/off some option/s in PingPlotter.

Attaching files with ICMP/TCP with and without VPN (with options displayed)

Help please.

Attachments
ICMP without VPN.jpg (327 downloads)
ICMP with VPN.jpg (702 downloads)
TCP port 10100 without VPN.jpg (741 downloads)
TCP port 10100 with VPN.jpg (677 downloads)

Edited by Samyaza (12/30/15 06:59 PM)