I will start off by saying this is a long winded cry for help. I'll try to quickly lay out the facts. I play regularly play a game called continuum, which is pretty old, but still active. I'm currently bouncing between work, in KY on Time Warner and PA (where I really live) on comcast. I had played this game in mid-April, with no problems and then I went back to KY and played from late April, until May. When I returned to PA, I logged in for a min, got booted out and then couldn't return. The zone shows 30ms ping within the game and a green connection, but if I try to enter, it simply doesn't ever reach the "entering" phase and says "could not connect".

I contacted the people running the server and they confirmed I haven't been banned and that this has been a problem for several others, with no known cause. Every other zone, within this game, I can enter without issue.

When I run the PingPlotter, through my wireless router, I get great results until hop 9 and 10, where it shows 100%ploss and then at hops 12-13 it shows great results. I'm assuming the 100% ploss at 9 and 10 are phantom results, because they're blocking the test packets.

The IP for the server is 66.36.247.83 port 13500. It's neighboring zone, which I can enter without issue is 66.36.247.83 port 5400. another neighboring zone has the same IP, but is on port 3900. I can enter the last 2 zones, but not the one on port 13500. I even tried port forwarding 13500 on my router, which didn't help.

However, I'm really trying to figure out how this could be. How can I run a good ping test to this server, show good numbers and connection strength within the game, but not be able to connect to the server and enter into that zone? How could I be able to access the same IP on different ports, but not the one I need to?

Any ideas on how to correct this would be REALLY helpful. I think it's a networking or isp issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve it. I'm hoping it's not related to the DHCP Lease time of my WAN IP, which was the only thing I could think of that may have changed since I had last played in PA, but even so it makes no sense to me that I can enter 2 other zones with the same IP and not the other, with the same ISP and IP