Thanks for your answer.<br>What I mean is that I am trying in a lab with a switch and a PC with dns configured but no dns reachable anywhere. Analyzer is in between.<br>I start the trace and I get the box telling me that dns is looking up the IP address (the switch has only IP address, no name and no dns configured). After a while i click on the box and ping plotter (2.03) starts to "flood" the network with dns requests because the remote IP network where the dns stands (configured on pc's IP stack) is unreachable (as wanted!). Still, after about 60 seconds, only regular ICMP echo requests and replys start and there goes the normal ping.<br>So the ping is implemented and it works, only I have to click on the box (no problem) and get a lot of dns search packets (not a big deal anyway).<br>I did not try to test disabling dns on the IP stack of the PC but that's not my goal. What I'd like is two bottons on the lower left side; a PING one and a TRACE one.<br>Thanks for your time.<br>Regards,<br> Alex<br> <br><br>