Greetings! What a fantastic product thanks!

In reading the documentation I got the idea (correct ?) that with respect to packet loss I want to rely on what is showing at the destination/last hop and use loss on other hops to try and narrow things down. I don't really get this. If I have something like this:

2% loss to 2nd hop (ISP default gateway)

0%-5% over say 10 next hops

1% at last hop/destination

What does this mean? I am running multiple VOIP connections and am finding them very vulnerable to packet loss. Imagine hypothetically that these values are static... what is the implication...do I go by the destination/last hop and say that my VOIP packets are suffering only 1% packet loss? I am guessing that what happens is that packets are re-transmitted and that the only thing I should really be concerned with is what I am seeing on the last hop? Also that perhaps I should be running PP back the other way and see if I am getting 2% when trying to send to this end?

In practicality what I have found is quite interesting. I went from a business connection that "tweaked" their service after many inquiries (including packet loss to default gateway... they got than down to 0% and basically almost always 0% to the endpoint!) however I had issues with complete service outages. I then switched to a supposedly more robust service at nearly 4 X the cost and I see some packet loss over almost all the hops and WAY more red lines in PP (albeit thin ones) in this connection than the previous! My users are not reporting much in the way of call quality issues however dialing is a problem! My conclusion is that DTMF tones are being interupted by packet loss and beeeeep comes through as beee---------eeeep which gets interpretaded on my end as two digits instead of one!

Thanks for any comments/advice!