Pete,

You are so amazing, the sheer amount and quality of time you spend helping users interpret the results they get with your incredible programs! I mean, support for technical issues is one thing, but you go so far beyond the norm. I, for one, greatly appreciate your help, as I'm sure many others do, too.

I didn't post the hop 10 graph because it looked fine, even and consistent ~54 ms pings. As for the packet loss on hop 2, Comcast came out today, inspected and tested the cabling, and said the squirrels have been nibbling on it! They will replace it Tuesday.

I have PingPlotter running TCP packet pings now to uswest.battle.net port 6112. My route is actually going one hop further now past the previous end (which doesn't return ICMP packets.) But what's REALLY curious is, every so often another hop opens up between 11 and 12, and shows there for a few seconds with 100% packet loss, and then the hop disappears again. It always appears between hops 11 and 12. I'm trying to get a screenshot of this. No IP address shows up on this one, just the extra hop for a few seconds. Have you ever seen this before? Do you know what causes it?

Thank you,
Susan