Here's an instance of a problem that a few people have had. I've included an copy of the original message and my response.<br><br>It *looks* like this is a problem with the router, but maybe someone else has some experience with this? Please comment!<br><br>Original Message<br><br>Hi,<br>I was using a 3com SmartIQ ISDN modem then switched to a Dlink DI-106W ISDN router. Previous to this switch, PP worked great. Now, I get a chart but there are a number of nodes with no names and no stats and just a straight line that runs from the first to the last node. Attached is an example:<br><br><br><br>Do you have a clue as to why it comes out like this and what can be done about it????<br><br><br>My (Pete) Response<br><br>Let's say that the router at hop 1 is the problem.<br> <br>1) A packet is sent out with a TTL of 1. It reaches hop 1 and the TTL is decremented to 0. Hop 1 returns that packet as undeliverable with it's wn IP address - which Ping Plotter records (and does a DNS lookup on - although the DNS lookup is irrelevant to our problem).<br><br>2) Another packet is sent out - with a TTL of 2. Hop 1 decrements it one - and sends it on. Hop 2 decrements it another one down to 0 and returns it back to you because the TTL has expired. The router at hop 1 decides it doesn't actually want to return the expired echo requests, so it just discards it.<br><br>3) A third packet is sent out, with a TTL of 3 this time. It's returned and "dropped" at hop 1 again.<br><br>4) The packet is sent with a TTL of 4 - same results as hop 3.<br><br>5) The packet is sent with a TTL of 5. The router at hop 5 receives this packet - and since it's destined for it's IP address, it returns a valid ICMP echo response (this time, it's not expired). This travels back again, but because this isn't a response to an expired request, hop 1 allows the packet back to you.<br><br>I'm not exactly sure this is what's happening - but this scenario describes the behavior we're seeing, so this is my running theory right now. I'm hoping that someone will be able to confirm this pretty soon.<br><br><br>