Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#996 - 11/12/03 07:43 PM Re: Ping multiple IPs at once;add ping to context menu [Re: Pete Ness]
jbrunette Offline

Having Ping Plotter monitor the clipboard would be great. It'd be application-independant and would "just" require parsing the clipboard data for hostnames/IPs. Store collected addresses in a "holding pen" in PP where they can be promoted to the normal address list or cleared. That'd be swell. :-)

#997 - 03/16/04 08:39 PM Re: Ping multiple IPs at once;add ping to context menu [Re: Pete Ness]
Mele20 Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I'd like add that I too would like to see multiple instances supported in Ping Plotter. I routinely run 3 or 4 instances of PP at the same time. I've been using PP for almost three years now and have been wondering why PP had not gotten this capability along with all the other great changes and improvements I have seen in it over these several years. Multiple Ping doesn't interest me. I would like to see this in Ping Plotter. I would also like to see context menus for Firefox and Mozilla. I don't use IE so anything there would be useless. When will the Pro version be ready for testing? I'd love to test it.

#998 - 03/16/04 11:51 PM Re: Ping multiple IPs at once;add ping to context menu [Re: Mele20]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
With the recent release of both PingPlotter 2.50 and MultiPing 1.01, we're actively moving forward and developing the Pro version next (although what nomenclature it will surface as is currently not entirely tied down, and neither are the features).

We're not really ready for "beta" testing at this point, and probably won't be for several more months. We'll post more information to our news page when we're ready to talk about this.

As for integration with Mozilla. My primary browser is Firefox, so we'll definitely evaluate that with any future browser integrations. Unfortunately, we've had to actively practice "scope management" to make sure we're releasing high-value high-quality products, and browser integration, although pretty high on the list, just isn't quite above the "cut" line yet. Hopefully, we'll get to this pretty soon.

Thanks for the feedback!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod